Thursday, October 11, 2012

Massive.


It is October 11th, almost a whole month abroad already!  I cannot believe it.  My 21st birthday only nine days away, which means PARIS is only nine days away.  I'm already bracing myself for that weekend... it. Will. Be. A. TIME.

Before I continue with this blog post, I should probably explain what the post titles mean.  The post titles have nothing to do with the content; they are British slang/commonly used words that I have noticed are popular.  


Speaking of things I have noticed, here are some things I have noticed (Ha. Ha.) :

1.  Apparently, men wearing short shorts are a thing.  That took some getting used to.
2.  People work out in polo shirts.
3.  People work out in track swishy pants (I don't know how else to describe them other than the word "swishy"). 
4.  What you wear says a LOT about you.
5.  People in London are beautiful and intimidating and tall and thin.  Made me wildly self conscious.
6.  Americans are LOUD.
7.  There are different British accents, depending on whether a person if from the North, or the South, or London, or wherever.  So many different British accents.  And apparently my impersonation of a British accent is absolutely terrible.
8.  I think I scare most people with my loudness/outgoingness.  Oops?
9.  Everyone has a sense of style.  It's amazing.


Classes started October 1st, so for the first week on campus there were events and socials and whatnot. Here, they call it 'Fresher's Week.'  It was fantastic.  I've been hanging out with Washington College people (from now on I'll use the more affectionate term, WAC) primarily, but we made a fair amount of English fresher friends.  The hardest thing is making friends my age... the students who live on campus are freshers (17-18 year old kids).  I've been called "quite old" on numerous occasions.  HA.  I mean, I am almost 21, so it's just downhill from there...

No comments:

Post a Comment