Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brilliant.

'Hilratio Rosenblower'...  If anyone catches this reference, huzzah!  Ten cool points for you.  For anyone (everyone) else who is wondering what on earth that means, it's from C.S. Forester's Horatio Hornblower.  So punny.  And English-y.

I realize I'm being a bit overzealous by creating this blog, as I sit rather comfortably in my family room, anxious, excited, skittish, scared... did I mention excited?  It is T-9 days until I embark on the most fabnomenal and fantastical journey of my 20-soon-to-be-21 year long life.  I hope to utilize this blog to record my upcoming European adventures, equipped with pictures, memories, and the whole nine yards.  I thought it would be useful to at least create this blog now, when I have a reasonable amount of lounge time before the journey across the pond.  I've tried keeping a blog before (ehh, an unsuccessful attempt... I'm more of a journal writing kind of girl), but this time I have a greater reason to keep up with it.  This blog is primarily for me, reducing the chance of forgetting
anything that may happen, but anyone is more than welcome to read it. 

I will be studying abroad at the Royal Holloway campus (University of London) in Egham, Surrey for three months.  This will be my first time in England, first time on my own (officially... no parents a mere two-hour drive away), first time being financially independent, first time using public transportation by myself (I wish I were kidding)... it will be the first time for a
lot of things.  

It's time to grow.  It's time to learn.  It's time to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment