Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blast.

I visited Washington College this past Thursday and Friday to say some last goodbyes.  I don't know what I was expecting, but it was a very odd sort of feeling.  A mix of feeling like I didn't belong (people had to go to class... using my brain is such a foreign concept to me so deep in the summertime) and feeling like there was nowhere I would rather be.  I'm heartbroken that I have to leave such wonderful people behind. 
Such a great night.  I'll miss you pookies!
Softball girls, all dressed up.
Love my AXO babies. 
I've never been without seeing my parents for more than a few weeks, probably something I have taken for granted repeatedly and without thought.  Now, the thought of not physically seeing my parents for an extended period of time is starting to freak me out.  I believe they are going to try to visit in early November (right around teacher's convention), thank goodness.  Tonight my mom cooked a traditional English meal (Yorshire pudding and all!), but decorated our already patriotic dining room in... America.  There's no other way to describe it!  She said (and I quote), "You're going to have such a fantastic time in England... but don't forget about America!"  Yeah, mom?  In that case, I'll put on my American flag bandana and Bruce Springsteen t-shirt to show my Amuuuurica pride.  

With Mom & Amelia!

Some British & American decorations... love for both, haha.

And drumrollllllllllllllll....

My incredible family.



Saying goodbye to these fine people will easily be the hardest goodbye of my life.  I'm trying to "keep calm and carry on."  We shall see this coming Thursday how "calm " I will be, haha.  

T-4 days! 











  

No comments:

Post a Comment